It's summer, it's hot, and we need more bloody marys in our lives... (or at least I do). Check below for an all natural, lower sodium, and guilt-free bloody mary recipe - YUM!
- 4 ounces fresh tomato juice (lower sodium if possible)
- 1 ounce pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ½ tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil, parsley or cilantro (optional) - I use cilantro!
- few dashes of worcestershire sauce (vegan options available)
- 2 ounces vodka (or make without for a delicious virgin option)
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish or hot sauce (I prefer Sriracha or tabasco)
- Veggies veggies veggies!
Instructions - Easy at 1,2,3
Mix all liquid ingredients, pepper, and turmeric.
Garnish glass with salt/pepper rim (using lemon slice to moisten the glass prior)
- Pile on the veggies! In past versions I have used green beans, asparagus, carrots, radish, or even okra! BAM - Salad in a glass! :)