stupid easy Avocado Toast.
Avocado toast is trending wildly at a hipster coffee shop near you. If you haven't seen it yet, trust me you will. Why? Because it's damn delicious.
Avocados are one of the best foods on the planet. Maybe I'm biased, but you're reading my blog so I'm allowed to make sweeping claims. I often get asked "But what about the high fat content?". Yes, avocados are high in fat. But they are high in "good fat" - aka MUFAs (Mono-Unsaturated Fatty Acids). When eaten in moderation, they are actually heart healthy. This recipe calls for a 'serving' of avocado - so go ahead, get wild!
Cost. Is avocado toast worth the hefty $7.00 price tag at artisanal coffee shops? No, not really. Let's break down the ingredients and associated cost.
- Whole Grain Toast. It's toast… It's basically free. $0.25cents
- Avocado. 1/3 of a creamy, heavenly avocado. $0.75 cents
- Toppings (choose any or all)
- Fried Egg. Eggs are nutrient powerhouses. $0.25 cents
- Cucumber slices. Crunchy, tangy, easy. $0.30 cents
- Tomatoes. Sweet, sweet tomatoes. $0.15 cents.
- Sprouts. Adds a nice crunch and visual upgrade. $0.15 cents
- Mint. Fresh and delicate. $0.20 cents.
MAKE YOUR OWN TOAST WITH THESE STUPID SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1) Toast the toast.
STEP 2) Spread the avocado.
STEP 3) Add your toppings.
STEP 4) Enjoy thoroughly, and realize you just saved $5.00!
Can't beat the price or simplicity, and it's a balanced way to start your day. A
Thanks for reading and supporting my passions of food and photography! See ya next time.