Warning - this cocktail is intense and is not for the faint of heart. It's spicy, smokey, and a tad sweet... aka freaking delicious!
The Spicy Mescal
This drink is sure to please those who prefer a spicy and savory cocktail. It's simple enough to make on a fly, but complex enough to impress - even the most sophisticated of tastes. Mescal is a smoked tequila with attitude and lots of sass. It pairs well with both sweet and spicy notes.
* Note: This cocktail can be made with tequila if you can't find mescal or simply don't like smokey flavors.
- 2 ounces mescal (I used the Vida brand)
- 1 ounce simple syrup (half sugar, half water - link here)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Juice from 1/2 grapefruit
- 1-3 thin slices of jalapeño (3 = HOT!)
- Salt + cayenne rim
- Muddle the jalapeño slices and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake, shake, shake it up!!
- Pour contents of cocktail shaker (ice included) into your cayenne salt rimmed tumblr.
- BAM - that's it. Simple, bold, spicy, and delicious!
- Let me know how you like it!
- Cheers! - Chris